The fRiDaY File,
for November 20, 1998
Point - Counterpoint
Computers are Male!
- In order to get their attention you have to turn them on.
- They have a lot of data but they are still clueless.
- Most of the time they are the problem.
- As soon as you commit to one you realize that if you
had waited a little longer you could have had a better model.
Computers are Female!
- No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.
- The native language they use to communicate with other computers
is incomprehensible to everyone else.
- Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory
for later retrieval.
- As soon as you make a commitment to one you find yourself spending
half your pay cheque on accessories.